Aqua Fresh explains the benefits of using filtered water in cooking food.
Did you know by the time water travels from the water treatment plant to your home, it picks up a number of contaminants?
Contaminants including bacteria, chlorine, fluoride, heavy metals, chemicals, unwanted minerals and other impurities can seriously affect the quality and taste of your water.
Here are some more of the advantages of cooking with filtered water:
1. Softer baked goods – If you love to bake bread, a water filtration system could be especially useful. Filtered water can increase the effectiveness of yeast in bread, helping the dough to rise more and lead to a softer, fluffier bread at the end.
2. Better tasting coffee – Many coffee lovers (and tea lovers) prefer making espresso with filtered water, and reverse osmosis or distilled water is the most commonly used method as the right amount of minerals in the water allows for the notes and flavours of the coffee to shine.
3. Lower sodium levels – Depending on where you live, your tap water could contain up to 300 milligrams of sodium per litre, which is a significant portion of the recommended daily value. Too much sodium can cause kidney failure and heart disease.
4. Vibrant produce – Unfiltered water can even affect the way your food looks. Most tap water contains chlorine, an active ingredient in bleach, which can strip the colours of your food. Just washing your produce in unfiltered water can visibly make it less appealing by dulling out the vibrant colours.
5. More flavourful food – Using filtered water helps to preserve food’s natural flavour. By removing unnecessary contaminants like chlorine or metals, your food will taste better because unfiltered water may contain a metallic taste.
- Alpine SUTJ series underbench purifier is ideal for use where there is a low sediment load
- Great for the smaller family or where space is at a premium
- Compact appliance looking underbench water purifier
- Designed to hang from the wall or conveniently sit on the floor under the kitchen bench
The Alpine TJ Series Single Underbench Purifier is a 0.5 micron single underbench water filter system.
Check this product in our online shop.
The best water for cooking is filtered water. Contact us at Aqua Fresh.
If you are looking for a way to reliably drink clean water, a water filter system is the way to go. Your bank balance, the environment and your body will thank you. If you are looking to install a water filter in Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast, please don’t hesitate to contact us on (07)3355 1591 or Send us your enquiries.