Aqua Fresh weighs in on whether or not purifiers live up to their marketing hype.
As we learn to live with an increased awareness of airborne viruses, air purifiers are becoming widely popular amongst Australians. The promise of air purifiers is very appealing – cleaning the air in your home, whilst removing almost all impurities including odours, dust and smoke. But are they worth the hype? Our answer is yes! Keep reading to find out why.
How do air purifiers work?
Air purifiers are relatively simple system: it’s a fan that captures and circulates air into one or more filters. As air moves through the filter, pollutants and particles are caught and clean air is dispersed back into your living space.
Air purifiers are also often compared to air filters, when in fact, they are not the same. Air filters can only remove particles, whereas purifiers can sterilise them as well.
Common myths that need to be debunked
1. Air purifiers don’t work
High-quality air purifiers are generally quiet and still. But, without any motion or sound, many assume that their purifier isn’t working.
2. If you have an air conditioner, you don’t need air purifiers.
Don’t let the illusion of a cool and fresh feeling of an air-conditioned room fool you. An air conditioner is not designed to trap airborne pollutants as its core function is to regulate the room’s air temperature.
3. Air purifiers will solve breathing problems
Most air purifiers will be able to remove at least 99.95% of air particles and can go a long way in reducing allergy and asthma symptoms. However, air purifiers are only effective in managing the causes and reducing symptoms.
Benefits of an air purifier
- Removes impurities, pollutants and airborne particles
- Relieves symptoms of allergies and asthma
- Neutralises offensive odours
- Improves sleep
- Reduces stress
- Protects walls from moulds
- Improves skin health
What should I look for in an air purifier?
- Size. The size of your air purifier will entirely depend on your room size. It is recommended to choose a model that is designed for an area larger than your room.
- HEPA. HEPA filters are extremely effective at removing the finest particles. At Aquafresh, our Blueair air purifiers remove 99.97% as small as 0.1 micron – that’s 3 times better than the industry standard (0.3 microns).
- Noise Level. The noise level of an air purifier is important, especially if you’re going to use it in the living room or bedroom. A common myth is that a lower noise level means the air purifier is not doing its job. But don’t be fooled because we have products that defeat this myth! Check them out.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity. Being able to control your unit and receive real-time air quality updates from your smart device can be convenient.
ALSO READ: The Advantages of Aquafresh Air Purifiers